Notes from USTA National Tennis Center
The USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center - Home of the US OPEN will be closed to the public as of Monday, August 7.
The facility will reopen on Saturday, September 16.
NTC Parking Update
Starting Monday, May 22, 2017, NTC Parking Lot B will be temporarily closed due to the construction of the new Louis Armstrong Stadium.
We are pleased to offer NTC Parking Lot A and West Gate access to the Indoor Building to our program participants and court patrons.
Entrance to the facility will be accessible through the West Gate which is located in Lot A. Check in at the West Gate for access.
Follow the signs to the Indoor Building. (Entrance is located after the Grab & Go Cafe and the Pro Shop)
More detail and the map
RALLY FOR RELIEF - Saturday, October 9
Date: Saturday, October 7, 2017
Time: 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 .m.
Location: USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center
Follow these steps to secure your spot:
- Visit hispanicfederation.org/unidos/ to make your donation today (minimum donation required is $50). Please print your confirmation and bring to the event to secure your spot (if you send a check, please bring a copy).
- Register for the event at USTA.com/EasternRallyforRelief.
- Come and enjoy an evening of tennis in support of Mexico and Puerto Rico!
2017 Fall Junior Tennis Programs - New Pathways
With the Fall semester quickly approaching, we'd like to announce several exciting changes taking place in our Junior programs starting in the Fall Session. Please refer to the attached file for additional details and layout of the new pathway.
Starting in the Fall, all Junior classes will fall into four pathways:
* 11 and Under Pathway
* Junior Development Pathway
* Transition Pathway
* High-Performance Pathway
A letter from Director of Tennis, NTC
NTC Junior player's parents
As we approach the beginning of our Fall Session, full of exciting changes in our programs, we would like to remind you of the importance of competition as part of your child's developmental journey. Participation in tournaments, Junior Team Tennis, Leagues and Play Days is a key component when developing a player and making stronger ties with the sport. While competing, it's important to remind young players that sportsmanship, effort, and problem-solving are amongst the key concepts they should be focusing on; not the outcome.
In order to facilitate the tournament search and registration process, we are including the necessary information below, as well as providing a list of local 10U tournaments for your convenience. Additionally, we are attaching important reference guides, explaining the different levels, progressions and other relevant information for players aged 10 and under and 12-18.
To register for a tournament:
Sign-up or renew your child's USTA account
For new members, free first year for 10U players - http://membership.usta.com/content.jsp?pageName=10UJRFREE
For players 11 and older or who had a membership in the past - http://membership.usta.com/section/Individual-Family-Memberships/101.uts
Register for tournament(s) at TennisLink
- On the search box, include the tournament ID (shown on the provided list) or search for other tournaments using the "Tournaments Advanced Search" functionality located near the search box
- Click on "Register Online" (shown if registration is open)
- Add membership ID # (which may automatically populate)
- Click on Continue
- Add e-mail address & phone number
We are looking forward to continue working with your child in the Fall and optimistic with the future of our programs.